The Smith Valence is newer helmet from Smith and it definitely does not disappoint. This is the Lexus of ski helmets, ladies. This is one of the classiest looking helmets we have seen through L9. Looks aside, the Valence offers an adjustable fit and vents as well as audio compatibility. This is a technical helmet with a stylish look designed to impress even the pickiest of lady skiers.
- Smith Helmets – Interested in learning more about Smith Helmets before making your decision? Check out our Learn Center!
- Smith LIFETIMEWarranty – Yes, you read correctly. Smith stands by their product and will warranty any manufacturers defects for the lifespan of the product. Pretty sweet deal, especially for goggles and helmets.
- EPS Hard Foam – Expanded Polystyreme (EPS) is a hard foam interior designed for high impact collisions. Slightly heavier than other types of foam, but this is as safe as your noggin is going to be (even if you wear a motorcycle helmet–but that will be a LOT heavier 😉 )
- Air Evac2 Ventilation/Goggle Integration – At Smith, they design helmets and goggles to work together as a fully integrated system. For the helmet line, the most important factor in integration is the AirEvac ventilation system. This is the bridge that allows goggles and helmets to function as one system, venting warm moist air away from the goggles, through the helmet climate control system and ultimately away from the head.
- ABS Plastic Shell – ABS, short for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, is a lightweight, injection molded plastic that is highly durable and impact resistant.
- Hybrid In-Mold Construction – Combining the lightness of In-Mold injection with the protection and ventilation of a bulkier shell. Basically, the best helmets.
- X-Static Performance Lining – A silver coated textile fiber that enhances products with permanent and natural anti-odor, anti-static and thermo-dynamic properties.
- Snapfit SL Ear Pads – Superlight (SL) ear pads are just as warm and quick to snap in or out. Found in top end Smith models.
- Adjustable Boa Fit System – A Boa knob at the back of the helmet allows the user to adjust the size to their exact specifications.
- Safety Standards – ASTM F-2040-00 – Meets the standard specifications of protective headgear for snowsports
- Removable ear flaps – Soft ear flaps that can be removed for warm weather skiing, or to make the helmet feel a little wider.
- CPSC Safety Standard – CPSC is the newest American safety standard for bicycling and skating, this helmet meets this new standard.
- CE EN 1077 – This is a European standard that has performed testing on these helmets to ensure they function as designed, and that they exceed the minimum standards for snow sports. In other words, they dropped heavy objects on the helmets, and they didn’t break.
- Padded Chin Strap – Thin padding under the chin prevents chafing and allows for proper fit of the helmet.
- Goggle clip – Two lateral guides that keep the goggles in place, and doesn’t interfere with the goggle adjustment clips.
- Audio System Ready – The earpads of this helmet have zippers that allow the user to input their audio listening device of choice. Skullcandy makes some earpad specific speakers that are very nice, but really any earbuds will fit in there and pump your jamz.
HELMETS CONSTRUCTION – EPS
HELMETS AUDIO – Yes
HELMETS ADJUSTABLE – Adjustable
There are no reviews yet.