If you just want one board to do it all, look no further than the Escape. It sits in the perfect goldilocks zone: not too stiff, not too soft, with a super versatile shape for attacking the whole mountain.The first thing you’ll notice is the beautiful ash veneer topsheet. Alongside Vibrak Kevlar inserts under the mounting points, it works to dampen chatter and other vibrations. We’ve dialled in a positive camber and triax fibreglass weave to keep it feeling responsive on edge and provide plenty of ollie power when you need to get airborne. A 30 mm set back stance offers just a little more lift when charging through freshies in the morning but still leaves plenty of workable tail if you want to switch it up in the park later in the day. And with eight sizes ranging from 152 right up to an extra wide 169, there’s an Escape for every rider.
- Rocker Type
- Positive Camber – Positive Camber is the bedrock for performance snowboards, its extra grip and powerful response have made it the default choice for riders looking for optimum carving performance. The secret to Nidecker’s advanced camber is the addition of 8 to 10cm flat transitions at the contact points, delivering the ultimate in precision, edge hold, and stability
- Flex Rating – 7 (1 Soft – 10 Stiff)
- Round Square Nose – This new generation of nose shape combines a wider profile with a smoother transition to fine-tune the float for a shorter, more compact shape.
- Round Flat Tail – A wide profile for control and smooth transition.
- Master Core – The Master Core construction is the result of a long history of experimentation in materials and woodcraft. It’s the perfect harmony of different wood densities and varieties (poplar, beech, spruce, and paulownia), resulting in a superior weight-to-power ratio and an ultra-strong, extra-responsive lightweight core.
- Premium Sandwich – This next level construction steps up the power and response of the standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding advanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar® gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- Triax Plus – Oriented 45 degrees to the board and contains different glass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop, and more reactivity on every turn.
- N-7000 – Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000 is an extremely tough, sintered base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Ash Wood Veneer – This ash wood veneer top layer delivers added responsiveness and is the most natural way to find the best balance between absorption and pop.
- Matte Finish
- Binding Compatibility
- 2×4 – 5 Inserts – With 5 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this combination is the industry standard and works with all bindings on the market. The reference stance is the middle position.
Terrain – All-Mountain
Ability Level – Intermediate-Advanced
Rocker Type – Camber
Shape – Directional Twin
Flex Rating – Medium
Binding Mount Pattern – 2×4
Core/Laminates – Aramid (Kevlar®), Carbon, Wood
Warranty – 3 Years
|Effective Edge (mm)||1160||1190||1190|
|Tip Width (mm)||306||309||315|
|Waist Width (mm)||264||266||270|
|Tail Width (mm)||304||307||313|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||8.5||8.6||8.7|
|Stance Setback (mm)||30||30||30|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||154-199||165-209||177+|
There are no reviews yet.