The new Ripper features Ripsaw Rocker Camber Profile, a twin shape, directional stance, and a powerful flex. The aggressive all mountain Ripper will tear into the hardest snow and rip through anything in its path. This balanced directional twin is equipped with Power Grip Sidecut, an extra layer of +/- 45 Fiberglass, and our legendary damping system. With incredible float, edge hold, next level pop and ultimate high-speed stability, you’ll be ripping up everything, everywhere.
- Rocker Type
- Ripsaw Rocker Camber – Features enhanced cambered areas for aggressive edge hold and tremendous pop while maintaining the versatility of Original Rocker Camber.
- Flex Rating – 8 (1 Soft – 10 Stiff)
- Dampness Rating – 5 (1 Lively – 10 Damp)
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut – Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radiuses creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, however when unbent allows the board to track straight and not catch. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radius which renders quick turn initiation and the final contact points.
- NS Superlight Wood Core – Never Summer uses a custom blend of wood species that was created to be the lightest weight yet durable core on the market. The NS Superlight Wood Core is CNC sanded in the custom wood working facility to a fraction of a millimeter. A tailored flex is perfected, giving their snowboards unequaled performance.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass – The world’s best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer’s STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- Carbon VXR Laminate Technology – Carbon VXR extends carbon fiber V’s out from the inserts to the effective edge for quick response while stiffening the board torsionally. Additionally, V’s are positioned to the ends of the board providing maximum boost and pop when loaded up. This is an ideal layup to transfer energy to the end of the effective edge, tip/tail and still give the board a softer more forgiving mid-flex for torsional control.
- RDS 2 Damping System – This lightweight system uses three narrower laminated dampening layers that provide the perfect combination of vibration, absorption, and stability. RDS 2 is the perfect balance of freeride stability and freestyle liveliness.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers – Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls – Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they’ve never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf Sintered 4501 Base – Crown Plastics has been the industry leader in sintered materials for over 36 years and has created the Durasurf 4501 sintered base exclusively for Never Summer. This high-density base is extremely fast and will provide unmatched performance and durability.
- Full Wrap Metal Edge
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet – The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- Additional Features
- P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection – Boards with P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection have UHMW plastic, or P-Tex which is a softer molecular material that not only seals and protects the wood core, but also absorbs vibration and impact.
- Binding Compatibility
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
|Effective Edge (mm)||1170||1200||1230|
|Tip Width (mm)||298||300||303|
|Waist Width (mm)||252||254||257|
|Tail Width (mm)||298||300||303|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.3||7.9||8.13|
|Stance Setback (in)||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Stance Range (in)||20 – 24.5||20 – 24.5||20 – 24.5|
Terrain – All-Mountain
Ability Level – Intermediate-Advanced
Rocker Type – Camber/Rocker/Camber
Shape – Directional Twin
Flex Rating – Stiff
Binding Mount Pattern – 2×4
Core/Laminates – Carbon, Wood
Made in the USA – Yes
Warranty – 3 Years
Learn more about the Never Summer Ripper
There are no reviews yet.