Bigger isn’t always better, but when you’re riding the Never Summer Big Gun Snowboard, it usually is. This peace of snowboarding heavy artillery is built like an MRAP for your feet, and it delivers a monstrous, face-melting, take-no-prisoners ride. With 20mm of taper and a surface area the size of Rhode Island, blasting through chunder and stomping cliff drops like a boss comes as standard, but the real kicker is how nimble it is for the size, giving you equal parts stability and finesse as you maraud your way around the mountain.
- Rocker Type
- Fusion Rocker Camber – Fusion RC puts the edge gripping hold, snap out of turns, and huge pop of Ripsaw RC in the back, and combines it with the float and surfy feel of Original RC in the front. Fusion is here to bring back the fun and fluidity that will make snowboarding dynamic again.
- Extended Transition Area – Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Early Rise Nose
- Flex Rating – 7 (1 Soft – 10 Stiff)
- Dampness Rating – 8 (1 Lively – 10 Damp)
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut – Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radii creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, but allows the board to track straight and not catch when unbent. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii, which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radii which render quick turn initiation and the final contact points
- 20 mm Taper
- NS Superlight Wood Core – Never Summer uses a custom blend of wood species that was created to be the lightest weight yet durable core on the market. The NS Superlight Wood Core is CNC sanded in the custom wood working facility to a fraction of a millimeter. A tailored flex is perfected, giving their snowboards unequaled performance.
- Carbon Max Laminate Technology – More carbon equals more power and performance. The Carbon Max Laminate Technology combines an advanced top and bottom carbon matrix to maximize response and strength where it’s needed most. The result is a lightweight yet powerful configuration that provides torsional rigidity and energy transfer without sacrificing the control a rider needs.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass – The world’s best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer’s STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- RDS 1 Damping System – The laminated damping layers on the RDS 1 are more extensive along the full length of the effective edge, and less extensive in the tip and tail, giving the board high-speed stability with reduced tip and tail swing weight.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers – Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls – Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they’ve never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base – Crown Plastics has developed an exclusive, super fast, durable sintered base specifically for higher end boards. Just the right amount of graphite has been added making the Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base the fastest Never Summer has ever used.
- Full Wrap Metal Edge
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet – The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- Additional Features
- P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection – Boards with P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection have UHMW plastic, or P-Tex which is a softer molecular material that not only seals and protects the wood core, but also absorbs vibration and impact.
- Binding Compatibility
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
|Effective Edge (mm)||1220||1250|
|Tip Width (mm)||321||323|
|Waist Width (mm)||265||266|
|Tail Width (mm)||301||303|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||8.55||8.82|
|Stance Setback (in)||1||1|
|Stance Range (in)||19.5 – 24||19.5 – 24|
Terrain – All-Mountain, Freeride
Ability Level – Advanced-Expert
Rocker Type – Camber/Rocker/Camber
Shape – Directional
Flex Rating – Stiff
Binding Mount Pattern – 2×4
Core/Laminates – Carbon, Wood
Series – Tim Canaday’s Shaper Series
Made in the USA – Yes
Warranty – 3 Years
Learn more about the Never Summer Big Gun
There are no reviews yet.