The K2 Afterblack is a premium freestyle snowboard that specializes in night missions, wall rides, huge airs, and promises to come through in the clutch to give you the confidence to give it one more go. Designed for the intermediate-to-expert level snowboarder, the Afterblack is a mid-flexing true-twin with a Combination Camber Profile – with camber in between the bindings and rocker on the outside of the inserts – giving it a playful feel while still being able to hold speed and track straight into the next feature. Its tri-blend BAP Core blends bamboo, aspen, and paulownia woods together to deliver snap and rebound while damping vibration on the harshest landings.
- Rocker Type
- Twin Combination Camber – The best of both worlds. By blending both traditional Camber and Rocker profiles, Combination Camber gives you all the benefits of both; the pop and precision of camber, and the float and predictability of rocker.
- Playful or Precise? – 6 (1 Playful – 10 Precise)
- True Twin
- BAP Core – K2 has blended three species of renewable timber to assemble a core that’s strong, lightweight, and designed to enhance dampening without the addition of other materials.
- Triaxial Glass – A glass laminate with diagonal layers that adds torsional stiffness for increased stability and improved edge hold. The fibers three layers of fibers are woven at 45°, 45°, and 0°. This makes for a more responsive ride longitudinally and torsionally.
- Carbon DarkWeb – A carbon fiber lay-up that aids in energy transfer and stability, speeding up edge-to-edge transitions and keeping you in control in times of need.
- Sintered 4000 Base – Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- Binding Compatibility
- 2 x 4 Inserts
|Effective Edge (mm)||1190||1210|
|Tip Width (mm)||305||309|
|Waist Width (mm)||261||309|
|Tail Width (mm)||305||309|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||8.1||8.2|
|Stance Setback (in)||0||0|
|Stance Range (in)||21||22|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||130-220+||130-230+|
Terrain – Freestyle, All-Mountain
Ability Level – Intermediate-Advanced
Rocker Type – Rocker/Camber/Rocker
Shape – True Twin
Flex Rating – Medium
Binding Mount Pattern – 2×4
Core/Laminates – Carbon, Wood
Warranty – 3 Years
There are no reviews yet.