The Spark R&D Pro Series represents the peak of lightweight design to help you go further in the mountains. Built on their acclaimed Tesla T1 platform, the Spark R&D Arc Pro Splitboard Bindings take the best of the best – premium materials, custom-made components, innovative design – and wrap it up in a ludicrously lightweight package ready to take the backcountry by storm. From the carbon reinforced highbacks to the hollowed out pivot pins, every element has been broken down and pored over for opportunities to shave grams and improve performance, resulting a featherweight binding that rides great and still has the muscle to withstand the rigors of backcountry travel.
- Tour Mode
- Tesla T1 System – Tesla T1 bindings slide sideways into the offset touring brackets and are locked into place with the snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor.
- Whammy Bar Climbing Wire – A single fatty climbing wire is built into the baseplate with a side arm lever for easy position changes on the steeps. You can switch easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°) and back again while touring.
- T1 Heel Rest – The T1 Heel Rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the T1 Step Locker in place.
- Ride Mode
- Snap to Ride – T1 bindings slide across pucks utilizing the snap ramp to lock into place for a tight ride down.
- CNC Machined Aluminum – CNC machined baseplates with maximum cutouts to shave weight yet maintain strength and performance. Cutouts also conveniently allow for puck adjustment with bindings in place for precise stance adjustment.
- 7075 Aluminum Heel Loops – 7075 Aluminum heel loops are thinner and lighter than standard heel loops while maintaining the required strength.
- Pebax® Pillow Line Straps – Pro Pillow Line Straps are made with Pebax® plastics, a premium material most often found in high-end ski boots as it provides consistent stiffness and improved toughness in cold temperatures while being 20% lighter.
- Buckles & Pebax® Plastics – Ladders and adjusters are produced in-house with Pebax® premium thermoplastics which maintain flex over a wide temperature range, performing well on spring tours as well as sub-zero suffer fests. It’s also 20% lighter than Spark’s standard material. All straps incorporate Burton’s time-tested bomber buckles.
- Carbon Reinforced Nylon Highbacks – Pro Series Rip ‘N’ Flip highbacks are made from carbon reinforced nylon for better response, stiffness, and weight than standard glass reinforced highbacks. All Rip ‘N’ Flip highbacks incorporate a tool-free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) for complete customization from 0° to 22° in ride mode. The FLAD toggles easily between forward lean position and -13° touring position for easy transitions.
- Puck Compatibility – Slide them on and snap the ramp down. Snap the ramp up and slide them off. The most functional way to attach your binding to your board in ride mode, period. Spark R&D bindings are designed to work with all puck compatible splitboard models.
- Additional Features
- Pro Hardware – Weight savings add up by replacing stainless steel hardware with custom-made 7075-T6 aluminum hardware. Aluminum parts are 65% lighter than our standard stainless steel parts and are made with hex drives instead of phillips heads which are less likely to strip.
- Snap Ramps, Touring Brackets, & Pivot Pins – T1 System bindings slide sideways into the offset Tesla touring bracket and are locked into place with the snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws on touring brackets make for quick and easy installation and removal. Pivot pins have been hollowed out and are 33% lighter than standard pins.
- In The Box – Bindings, Tesla touring brackets, T1 heel rests, aluminum mounting screws, and Spark pocket tool.
- Requires Spark or Voile Pucks – Sold Separately
Ability Level – Advanced-Expert
Mounting Pucks – No
Made in the USA – Yes
Warranty – 5 Years
There are no reviews yet.